TextPipe Lite is the ultimate Webmaster tool for updating text. It handles an unlimited number of files and folders, and is unique in handling files of unlimited size.
TextPipe Web performs one or more changes AT THE SAME TIME, and can search for MULTI-LINE text and special characters. Search for 'fuzzy' text patterns using popular perl-style regular expressions, and friendly EasyPatterns, with predefined patterns for [Whitespace], [Date], [Time], [IPAddress], [EmailAddress] and more.
TextPipe is unique in that you can restrict replacements to line ranges, column ranges and also to HTML elements such as within the ALT tag of an image, or within the CONTENT attribute of the META KEYWORDS tag, or just within the TITLE tag.
The possibilities are endless, and restrictions can be nested. You have to see these to understand just how powerful they are!
TextPipe is also able to convert files between PC/Windows, Unix, Mac and end of line formats. Remove blanks from the Start or End of each line, Remove blank lines, Remove HTML tags, Add line numbers, File Headers and Footers, and text to the start or end of each line and more.
TextPipe can be automated from the command line and via COM scripting from other programming languages. A Standard and Pro version are also available.
More than 200 example filter files are included along with a comprehensive online manual. Winner of SIA 2003 "Best Application" award.
Here are some key features of "TextPipe Lite":
To make files smaller and/or more readable, TextPipe offers filters to:
· remove binary characters
· remove ANSI escape sequences
· remove blanks from the start and end of lines
· remove blank lines
· compress multiple whitespace to a single space
· remove HTML and SGML codes
· remove or resolve backspaces
· change IBM drawing characters to and | and -
To manipulate the text in files, TextPipe offers filters to:
· perform an arbitrary mapping. The user can specify a string to be output for each of the 256 possible character codes. Strings can contain embedded control characters
· search and replace: with case sensitivity option. It gives the length of search and replace strings -- especially useful for text replacement in binary files
· add a prefix to every line (eg to add reply quotes to email)
· change character case: UPPERCASE, lowercase, tOGGLE cASE, Title Case, Sentence case, rANdOm CAse
· change character representation between ASCII and EBCDIC. Useful for mainframe interfacing
· change between Windows OEM and ANSI. Useful with Windows and non-English languages
TextPipe offers the following file processing options:
· can skip binary files. The user can also be prompted whether to process a binary file or not
· can prompt before processing each file
· can retain the original file's time and date
· can recurse into subfolders
· can process both text and binary files of any size
· test mode where output goes to a new file rather than overwriting the original file
Special features include:
· Filter lists can be saved and opened
· Files can be quickly viewed with their associated application
· Many methods of adding files to the list - selected via wildcards on the command line, specified in the application, drag and drop from explorer or via a Browse dialog
· Accept a list filename on the command line to include large lists of files that couldn’t otherwise be specified. Can be used in conjunction with the Open List From File and Save List To File icons.
· Accepts wildcards on the command line and in list files. The wildcards are expanded during processing.
· No limit on input file size
· 64MB RAM
· 15MB free disk space
· 30 days evaluation period
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Matrix (parallel) search/replace for Exact replacements:
· now supports First Only option – any term that has already been replaced
· will not be replaced again.
· now supports Case Sensitive replace- where the case of the replacement is
· based on the case of the found text.
· now supports prompt on replace.
· now much faster - 600,000 replacements against 8MB compressed .xlsx file in 31 seconds.
· fixed bug where changes were not counted and hence the output file was
· ever updated unless changes had been made by other filters.
· fixed bug where text that did not match was output in lowercase when Match Case was unchecked.
· fixed bug where text at the end of the file or restriction was not
· Added .XPS as a compressed document type.
· Word to Text Filter and PDF to Text Filter now set output filename to .txt,
· Excel to CSV filter now sets output filename to .csv.
· New warnings to ensure Process Binary files is checked when Process Inside
· Compressed Files is checked.
· TextPipe now...