Any typical image processing program can scan a page and save it to disk. But BatchScanPlus (BSP) is something entirely different. Designed to be a handy scanning solution, BatchScanPlus provides users with various options such as conversion, processing, rotation and many more. Sure, it can handle single scans, but it really excels when you need to scan a whole book, a chapter or a long series of documents.
It treats the series of pages as a set and allows page splitting, cleaning, trimming, straightening and more. BSP is the solution for the woes of scanning books on flatbed scanners. Now removing the dreaded black area in the book gutter and perimeter and eliminating automatically noise from black and white or grayscale images is fast and convenient.
Scanning two pages at once is easy since BSP rotates and saves each scan as two files, and keeps the numbering right too. When using flatbed scanners users need to place the book in the same position every time they scan and press the book down constantly. Sometimes even doing this the images will move.
This will make automatic cropping harder. BSP supports both automatic cropping and a fast method to adjust each page in a semi automated way that allows exact and fast page processing. Simple OCR, sophisticated PDF generation and image conversion features are included as well.
Here are some key features of "BatchScanPlus":
· Scanner-independent software
· Choice of output formats
· Generates PDF files from images.
· Extensive processing functions such as automatic page split, rotation and numbering.
· Makes faster and less prone to error scanning books and other long documents.
· Performs OCR in six different languages: English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Dutch and Portuguese.
· BatchScanPlus has only one limitation (that is NOT present in the full version): It shows a notice in the center of each scanned or processed image and in each PDF page telling that the page was generated with an evaluation version.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Adds full support for WIA Scanners.
· Compatible with Windows 8.