Schedules and emails, prints, uses ftp, faxes or outputs single or batches of Access Reports
Automate MS Access with MARS. MARS is an automation tool and scheduler for MS Access that saves time and money by making it easy to define single or packages of Microsoft Access reports. In addition to the Report Scheduler, MARS includes a Macro Scheduler and Query Scheduler. Reports and Queries can be run automatically and sent to print, fax, disk, ftp, sms or email in a number of standard formats. Macros can be set to run a specified times of the day, or when certain events and conditions are fulfilled.
Simply set up a schedule stating how often you would like each report to run, whether you'd like the output in text format, WORD, Excel, HTML, PDF, RTF, Acrobat and more and where it should be sent to. Automate MS Access in a couple of clicks. MARS is a powerful, spontaneous and user-friendly scheduler that will ease your routine, and the tedious job of manually running Microsoft Access Reports, Queries and Macros daily, weekly, monthly or as required.
It's easy to schedule reports to run at a specific date and time, or to run them hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly or set up your own custom frequencies e.g. 4-4-3, every other day, third Monday of the month, and so on. And the same report can be scheduled to be run multiple times with different parameters, formats, frequencies, and destinations. MARS makes report scheduling easy for you!
Respond to your business needs by setting schedules to run based on events rather than date. With MARS' MS Access Scheduling, Event Based Schedules can be automated so that reports are fired off when events occur e.g. database value is present, file is modified, window is present, an email is received, etc.
Use MARS' MS Access Scheduling, a unique Dynamic Schedule process can be defined to trawl through your database, find the parameter values to use and then generate and deliver a unique report for each value. Bring advanced Data-Driven functionality to your Access reports distribution infrastructure.
Once your schedule has been executed, why stop there? Use MARS' unique Custom Actions to run another program, enter values in a database, modify a file and lots more. Or use Automation Schedules for general business process automation without scheduling any reports at all.
MARS' familiar Explorer-like interface makes it easy to define and schedule report packages. The context (right-click) menus and full copy-and-paste support make it easy to create complex distribution schedules.
The scheduling service runs as a desktop application, or as an Windows service. It will integrate with Exchange Server 5 (SP4) and above (2000 and 2003) or SMTP. Worried about Outlook security prompts? MARS deals with these expertly - ensuring complete uninterrupted automation.
By automating repetitive reporting tasks, MARS ensures that reports are created and distributed when needed, without error, and without costly support time.
Whether you're spending too much time running and distributing Access report and query output to line managers, or you need to provide corporate management with tailored reports on a regular schedule, MARS gives you the tools that you need.
Here are some key features of "MARS":
Single Report Schedule:
· A single report is set to generate at specified intervals (Daily, Hourly, Weekly etc). It is exported to a specified format (PDF, Excel, XML etc). The exported file is delivered to one or more destinations (email, FTP, printer, etc). For example, email the daily sales report to the sales manager at 8am every week day except on public holidays.
Package Report Schedules:
· Set up a package of reports to be generated at defined intervals and delivered to one or more defined destinations - together. For example, a monthly report pack (consisting of a number of reports) can be sent to a client with all reports attached to the single email or compressed into a single zip file, or merged into a single Excel workbook, or PDF file before delivery.
· Write and execute simple or complex business process automation scripts or macros using MARS' Custom Tasks. Use this schedule on its own, or as part of a more complete automation solution. Examples include Send an email, Update a database record, Upload to FTP, Update a file, Print files and lots more.
· Multiple instances of the same report are exported. For each instance MARS will automatically enter the required parameter values, export the report and deliver the results to the corresponding email, folder, ftp, printer or fax. The parameters and destination are read from your own database. For example, run the same report for dozens of clients without writing a schedule for each client.
Dynamic Package Schedules:
· Dynamically generate and deliver individualized export packages for multiple recipients using the same set of reports. Dynamic Schedules for Packages! For example, you can use the same set of reports to generate individual monthly report packages for all your clients.
· Instantly respond to business and client needs. Fire off reports or automation scripts when a defined system event occurs. For example, trigger a report or automation script when a value in a database has changed, or when a new email arrives You can even use values in the email body text to populate parameters, email addresses, database tables and more.
· String a number of Event-Based schedules together as a batch to run in a specified order and/or at specified scheduled times. Use to ensure that required conditions are fulfilled before a report is exported. For example, run the report once a month, but only if the monthly total figure in the sales database matches that in the invoices database.
· Bring Reporting Services functionality to Microsoft® Access! Drive all variables of your reporting requirements (parameters, destinations, output format, etc) from database tables and queries.
· Distribute a report to a fluctuating list of recipients. For example, you can distribute a report throughout a large organization where recipients vary from one month to the next, or use other criteria that determines group membership from an existing set of users. E.g. select * from mytable where firstname = 'john' will generate the report and distribute only for records where the recipient's first name is John.
· Filter the report output using report parameter values that are retrieved at run time. For example, the parameter value returned from the table for Last Name will be Doe for John Doe and Smith for John Smith.
· Determine the delivery type and report format dynamically at run time. For example John Smith gets the report as a PDF file by email with a customized email body and John Doe gets the report as an excel spreadsheet by FTP upload to his web server.
· P4 750MHz
· 500MB disk space
· 1G memory
· Access 97 and later
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Removed some irrelevant menu items from MARS.
· On some systems the error log does not show any entries.
· Custom action deletions are not being committed
· You may wrongly get a prompt requiring you to upgrade to a higher edition even though your edition should have the required feature already included.
| ||Softpedia guarantees that MARS 7.0 Build 20120925 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |