Softpedia Editor's Review for Document.Editor
Allows you to edit text documents or create new ones
Written by Gabriela Vatu on December 17th, 2012
To have a good text editor software on your computer is a must-have for most users. Whether it’s needed for your job or for personal reasons, complex text editors are important additions to the program list.
Document.Editor is a small, but advanced tool that enables creating and editing text files. The app comes with quite a few useful features, among which the most noticeable are “Spell Check”, “Text to Speech” and “Translate”.
Thus, you can correct any text, dictate your words and translate between long lists of languages. The latter tool is quite precise and the software even adds foreign characters, diacritics and accent marks.
Also, the software comes with the usual font-related options, such as bold, italic, underline and strikethrough, alignment options, indent variations, bullet and number lists and line spacing. Also, at the bottom of the window, the file size, number of words, lines and columns can be viewed.
You can further add various items to the files, such as objects, images (BMP, GIF, JPG and PNG), videos (AVI, MPG, MPEG and WMV), shapes, tables, dates, symbols and links, as well as other text files (TXT).
The software’s interface is based on tabs and is, overall, pretty similar to Microsoft Word from the Office Suite. However, this makes this software easy to figure out for users who are trying it out for the first time. Also, multiple documents can be open in the same session.
Document.Editor supports a few file formats, such as XAML (FlowDocument), DOCX, HTML, RTF and TXT.
The software is easy to use thanks to the intuitive interface, so inexperienced users should have no problems in figuring out all that it has to offer. On the downside, while testing, Document.Editor proved to be quite unstable, crashing often.
Here are some key features of "Document.Editor":
· Includes support for opening FlowDocument, Html and plain / rich text formats and support for saving FlowDocument and plain / rich text formats.
· Multiple tab interface so you can edit more then one document in a session, compact application size, and multiple Edit / Insert / Format commands.
· Export documents to ftp server, zip archive or sound
· .Net Framework 3.5 SP1
· Processor: 1.6 GHz
· Memory(RAM): 1GB
· Video(GPU): Intel 945 Express, 1024×600
· Hard Disk(HD): 1 GB + .Net Framework
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved Video Editing support
· Improved Link Editing support
· Minor Bug Fix's, improvements and speed ups
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function