Comm Operator is a tool for RS232 related work. It can act as peripheral devices using COM port, such as GPS receiver, total station. It can also act as a test tool for device's test and software development.
The built-in event driven auto send mechanics makes Comm Operator a full functioned device simulator with just a few mouse click. By this way, RS232 related software can be developed offsite, no need for device, only the rule script is enough.
Comm Operator can send data through COM port, receive data from an outer device through COM port. The speed it supports range from 110 to 256000. It can auto detect all COM ports regardless of whether they are real COM ports on motherboard or on supplementary in/output boards, or virtual COM ports created by special drivers.
Comm Operator supports data input in ASCII, and HEX formats, keeps log of the sent and received data in ASCII, and HEX formats, it supports SYMBOL with which the invisible ASCII code became meaningful immediately.
Comm Operator's options allow you to save all settings to a file and to load them later. Unified operating GUI make Comm Operator easy to use. It acts as a device as well as program. Using it, device can be developed without program. Application can be debugged and tested without real device.
Comm Operator can log the data to and from COM port. It can send data to port automatically with just a few simple mouse clicks.
Here are some key features of "Comm Operator":
· Communicate with RS232, TCP/IP and UDP
· Work with Serial Port, Bluetooth, USB, Ethernet and Wifi
· Send, receive and view data in Text, Hex and Decimal format
· Capable of sending a file
· With specific send panel for NCD relay boards
· Support terminal panel and RST/DTR control
· Dedicated input panel for structured data
· Multiple customized panel for user's specific data
· Send data repeatedly with specified interval automatically
· Send single data and group data automatically according to auto send rules
· Support Perl, Python and Ruby Script to send data automatically
· Support third party's Plug-in (.net dll) and user own EXE to send data automatically
· Built-in Echo function for loopback test
· Asynchronous sending and receiving data
· Build-in checksum for Parity, Modular sum and Position-dependent checksums
· Organized data in list and work with multiple send data list
· Create send data list from Text, Hex and Decimal files directly
· Copy and paste data between different lists
· Drag and drop to open send data list directly
· Detect all available COM ports automatically
· Save log file automatically
· Keep all settings for later use
· Create COP file with current setting and data list for free tool Comm Operator Pal
· PII 300
· 64 MB
· 15 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Add Binary Panel:
· Binary Panel is dedicated for inputting and creating binary data package. It supports auto increase variable, auto decrease variable, as well as group and repeat. It supports both Hex and Decimal. Checksum can be added at the end of the data automatically. It is very easy to create hundreds bytes in a second.
Support FTDI Chip:
· FTDI chips are the most popular IC between computer and all peripheral hardware. The most common chips are RS232 to USB adapter chips. There are also many other devices use FTDI chips to communicate with computer directly through USB, like DMX devices. Comm Operator can list all FTDI devices connected to computer and talk to the devices though FTDI driver directly!
Update Options Dialog:
· Add File Path tab page. Default location for Log File, Send Data List and COP file can be set in File Path tab page.