Bersoft Image Measurement (BIM) is a very flexible tool for acquiring, measuring and analyzing digital images. The measurements may be done by pointing and clicking or in an automated way, when doing statistical or analytical measurements.
BIM can load many different types of images, including DICOM files, and also supports image acquisition from most TWAIN scanners. Angle, distance, perimeter, area, point and line measurements may be done using by using the tools in the Tools Palette.
Spatial calibration is available to provide real world dimensional measurements such as kilometers, centimeters, millimeters, nanometers, microns, cm, miles, etc,. for both linear and area measurements. All manual measurements are written into a Data Sheet, where you also can enter and edit data by hand.
The measurements are drawn over a measurement layer, so the original image is not altered in any way. For convenient further statistical analysis the Data Sheets results can be exported as CVS, HTML or ASCII file formats. They also can be send directly to Excel or copied and pasted to any other program.
The professional version of the program supports further image analysis capabilities as: Pixel profile, Array/band analysis, Object counting. Statistical measurement can be done either on a selected image area, the full image, or on several images at once.
Count, mean, median, minimum, maximum, range, variance, standard deviation, standard error, coefficient of variation, skew, kurtosis and frequencies are supported.
Images can be visualized in different ways, using histograms (from images or selections), generating false color images, subtracting image backgrounds, merging images, adjusting brightness, gamma and contrast, inverting image colors, manipulating channels, applying spatial convolutions with user-defined convolution masks and morphing filters.
Here are some key features of "Bersoft Image Measurement":
· fast and selective loading of large stream files
· reading compressed gzipped files (.gz)
· pause/stop during loading or drawing
· zoom, panning, scaling
· 3D-view (add-on option - for screen-shot click here)
· precise measuring distances
· customized filtering (by color, filling, outline)
· view the cells hierarchy
· history of navigation
· printing/saving view to image
· go to a particular location within layout
· extract portion of the layout
· overlay layouts
· Minimum: 256 color and 800x600 pixels screen size (ommended: 24 or 32 bit True Color and 1024x768 pixels screen size or more)
· 30 days trial
· The Trial version only can open images saved in Bersoft Image Measurement proprietary format (.IMB).
· Manual measurements are always drawn as 1 pixel with lines.
· The measurements range for calculations is 3.6 x 10^–4951 .. 1.1 x 10^4932, that means 19 to 20 digits.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Black and white images (1 bit color depth) now are saved correctly in all cases