Filter Wiz PRO description
Active filter design software; lowpass, highpass, bandpass and bandstop filters
Filter Wiz PRO is an active filter design application for highpass, lowpass, bandpass and bandstop electronic files using capacitors, resistors and op amps.
Provides Butterworth, Chebyshev, Elliptic and Bessel Approximations to order 20, with a variety of circuit choices.
Here are some key features of "Filter Wiz PRO":
· Provides eSketch-like simulation of the filter design, including effects of op amp Gain BandWidth. The user can preview the gain response when selecting circuits for each stage.
Up to 21 Approximations available:
· Choose from 10 "standard" Approximations, plus 5 linear phase Approximations, and 6 Low-Q Approximations that are extremely useful for augmenting filter stability
More circuit topologies:
· Includes new topologies (circuits), and many variations of existing topologies, including voltage divider inputs to better meet optimal stage gain requirements
More selection aids:
· In addition to stage gain simulation, view indicators of stage Noise (resistor noise), GBW requirement, and Gain Spread. Also view design windows showing Input Impedance (vs frequency), Passive Sensitivity, Active Sensitivity, Dynamic Range, and Tuning instructions
Monte Carlo analysis:
· Simulate gain spread due to inexact component values, with a choice of 3 probability distributions - Uniform, Gaussian and Worst Case
Temperature Effect analysis:
· Determine response change due to environmental temperature rise and component temperature coefficients
"Strategy" help windows:
· View help topics appropriate to each design phase, accessible through "Strategy" buttons. All help topics are also available through a standard help file
· 1024x768 resolution or higher
· Resistor values and some additional output data are masked.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Upgraded interface
· Allows instant access to all completed phases of the filter design, and presents information and choices with clarity and ease of use