MedCalc is a useful and stand-alone computer application for statistics in the biomedical sciences. It has an integrated spreadsheet which can be configured to contain up to 100000 rows. The program correctly handles missing data and provides reliable date arithmetic.
MedCalc can import Excel, SPSS, DBase and Lotus files, and files in SYLK, DIF or text format. Comprehensive on line help is available and, in addition to a manual in PDF format, a complete user manual is available on the web.
The program calculates the area under the curve (AUC) with its standard error and 95% confidence interval. Furthermore, threshold values can be selected in an interactive dot diagram with automatic calculation of corresponding sensitivity and specificity.
Comparison of ROC curves includes calculation of the difference between the areas under the curves, with standard error, 95% confidence interval and P-value.
Here are some key features of "MedCalc":
· Integrated spreadsheet with up to 676 columns and 100000 rows.
· Correct handling of missing data.
· Outliers can easily be excluded [Example].
· Built-in WYSIWYG text editor.
· Imports Excel, SPSS, DBase and Lotus files, and files in SYLK, DIF or plain text format.
· Easy selection of subgroups for statistical analysis.
· Comprehensive help file.
· Manual in PDF format (go to download area).
· Complete HTML manual on MedCalc web site.
· Context help in dialog boxes.
ROC curve analysis:
· Area under the curve (AUC) with standard error, 95% confidence interval, P-value.
· List of sensitivity, specificity, likelihood ratios, and positive and negative predictive values for all possible threshold values.
· ROC curve graph with 95% Confidence Bounds.
· Threshold values can be selected in an interactive dot diagram with automatic calculation of corresponding sensitivity and specificity.
· Plot of sensitivity and specificity versus criterion values.
· Comparison of up to 6 ROC curves: difference between the areas under the ROC curves, with standard error, 95% confidence interval and P-value.
· Sample size calculation for area under ROC curve and comparison of ROC curves.
· Go to the ROC curve analysis section of the MedCalc manual for more information on ROC curve analysis in MedCalc.
· Lots of graphs, see Graph gallery.
· Data point identification in graphs
· Name, save and recall graphs and statistics
· Statistical info in graph windows
· 8 Mb free space on the hard disk.
· 512 MB RAM
· 15 days trial
· nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added meta-analysis of Area under ROC curve
· Added mean survival time with 95 % CI and the 95% CI for the median survival time in Kaplan-Meier survival analysis.
Changes in Cox regression:
· Added option to plot 100-Survival probability.
· Added the Wald statistic in the output.
· Several other changes and additions in the output of the Kaplan Meier and Cox regression procedures.
· Added Regression through the origin.
· Some bug fixes.